Friday, December 19, 2008

Tears for a once Great Hog


Sonic Unleashed breaks all the rules of good game design. The training missions are not only forced on you but they are bookend with horrible loading time. I don't need a whole mission to teach me how to jump. Every time I actually tried to play the game the game would freeze sonic and give me pointless tips or dialog that is unbearable to handle. It took literally 30 minutes to get through all the crap and to be able to play the first real level. By that time I was already done with the game and all hope is lost. Though the normally sonic missions had some hope of fun game play the WARE-HOG version of sonic game play just feels unnatural and annoying. I am a sonic fan and was actually looking towards this game, hence the Sonic Unleashed poster on the wall behind my desk at work. The only thing this game has got going for it is the graphics look very nice for a Wii game.

1 comment:

Fancy said...

Jason you should have known the game would suck. I lost my faith in the Sonic franchise a long time ago.